Study Room Policy (Swilley)
Please help us provide a safe, clean, and open environment by adhering to the Community of Respect. Report any inappropriate behavior to the Service Desk at (678) 547-6284. After hours, please notify Mercer Police at (678) 547-6358.
- Study rooms are for currently enrolled Mercer University students only.
- A Bear Card is required for library entry and for study room use.
- Study rooms are available on a first-come-first-served basis and may not be saved or reserved beforehand.
- Study rooms are for studying and class-related work only.
- Doors equipped with Bear Card readers must be tightly closed when leaving the room
- Alcohol, tobacco, and vaping are not permitted in study rooms.
- Personal heaters, surge protectors and extension cords are not permitted.
- Items should not be left unattended. The library will not be held responsible for any theft, and any unattended items will be removed and placed at the Service Desk, where they can be retrieved during in-person service hours.
- Individuals who exhibit inappropriate behavior will be asked to leave the study room and may be asked to leave the library.
- Mobile whiteboards may not obstruct any window or door.
- Dry erase markers and erasers are available at the Service Desk.
- Failure to abide by these policies may result in immediate restriction from the study rooms, and possible review of violations under the Student Code of Conduct.