Services for Faculty & Staff
Borrowing & Lending Services
- Your Library Account: Log in to your library account to view library materials checked out along with their due dates as well as to renew items.
- Proxy Borrowers: Faculty and academic staff may authorize another user as a proxy to check out library materials in their name. A completed application (PDF) is required.
- Materials in another location?: Materials available from another Mercer Libraries location may be requested as an intercampus loan through the library catalog by clicking on the “Request” button.
- Using Library Resources Off-Campus: Check out our guide for assistance with managing your borrowed materials virtually and using e-resources off-campus.
- Interlibrary Loan: Materials not available at Mercer University may be borrowed through interlibrary loan.
- Request the Purchase of Library Materials: Faculty are encouraged to recommend new materials for purchase through our form or by emailing email@example.com.
- Ebook Policy: Are you considering using an ebook as a class textbook? Consult the ebook policy for more information.
|Material Type||Loan Period|
|Sound Recordings||120 days|
|Video (all formats)||7 days (no renewals)|
Faculty can place materials on reserve or e-reserve by completing the downloadable Reserve Request Form (PDF). If completing the printed form, you may either bring or mail the form to the Circulation Desk. For more information, see our page about Reserves and e-Reserves.
Faculty Research Carrels
The library has a number of faculty carrels available for research and study. Carrels are assigned for an academic year and may be renewed if there is not a waiting list. See the Faculty Carrel Policies and Procedures and the application (PDF) for requesting a faculty carrel. For additional information or questions, please contact Ceallsach (Kelsey) Crouch at firstname.lastname@example.org or (478) 301-2962.
Note: This is a new procedure that is in effect as of July 2019.
A number of departments in the College of Pharmacy and College of Health Professions utilize preceptors in their programs. In order to create a new preceptor account, the department and preceptor need to fill out the current preceptor form (PDF) and submit it electronically to email@example.com. Once you have done this, we will process the request.
Research & Library Instruction Resources
- Ask a Librarian: Contact a Librarian for assistance via chat, phone, email, request a consultation, or visit in person.
- Request Research Instruction: Librarians conduct research instruction sessions through requests made by the faculty. Research instruction can include a visit to the library, virtual, or to another campus building.
- Research Guides: Recommendations for library resources are available for faculty as Research Guides. These guides, organized by subject, include library resources for general subject areas as well as course-specific assignments. Librarians can assist in adding research guides to Canvas in collaboration with the faculty.
- Schedule a Research Consultation: Librarians provide one-on-one research consultations with faculty and students. For faculty, consultations may involve instruction on using library resources, identifying publishers for publishing research, assistance with author citation reports, and more.
- Research Assignment Suggestions: These assignments are easily tailored to students at different skill levels and in different disciplines. This helps them develop the skills needed to research and effectively utilize information sources. Librarians are available to discuss ideas for adapting these to your course and needs.