Archives, Special Collections, & Digital Initiatives
The Archives, Special Collections, and Digital Initiatives department of the University Libraries acquires historical materials related to Mercer University history and Baptist life in Georgia; processes and houses these materials according to archival standards; makes these materials available to researchers both on- and off-campus; and, through all of these activities, represents Mercer University and its mission.
- Monday 9:00AM – 12:00PM, 1:00PM – 5:00PM
- Tuesday 9:00AM – 12:00PM, 1:00PM – 5:00PM
- Wednesday CLOSED
- Thursday 9:00AM – 12:00PM, 1:00PM – 5:00PM
- Friday 9:00AM – 12:00PM, 1:00PM – 5:00PM
*Exceptions: University holidays
If you are using a GPS navigation system, enter “1780 College Street, Macon, GA 31207” to find your way onto the library’s side of campus.
From I-16 follow the signs to I-75 South. From I-75 (north or south) :
- Exit at Mercer University Drive (Exit 163).
- From southbound I-75 turn left onto Mercer University Drive; from northbound I-75 turn right onto Mercer University Drive.
- Travel to the second traffic light (College Street).
- Turn left onto campus.
- Drive down to the stop sign and turn left into a large parking lot.
- The library is the large brick building with a clock tower on top.
- The main entrance is under the clock tower.
- Special Collections is on the third floor.