Services for Visiting Scholars
Mercer University Libraries is happy to extend borrowing privileges to visiting scholars.
Visiting scholars are entitled to a library borrowing card.
- Books can be checked out for 28 days with 1 renewal allowed
- Media checkouts are not permitted
- Maximum number of items allowed is 10
- The card must be presented when checking out items.
* Specific limitations are detailed on the “Borrowing Materials” page under the “Other” patron type
- The following are not available to visiting scholar cardholders:
- Access to electronic resources that require a password
- Study rooms
- 24-Hour access
- The card is not valid at the Mercer School of Medicine’s Library or the Mercer Law Library
- Books are subject to recall if needed by Mercer University faculty, staff, or students. Recalled books must be returned or fines will accrue.
- The use of the card is limited to the individual named on the card
Please contact us for more information:
For questions about other library services, please see our Ask a Librarian service.