Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Interlibrary Loan is a service that allows Mercer University Libraries patrons to borrow books, book chapters, or articles from other libraries around the world, generally at no cost. Items are delivered in either electronic format via Mercer email or in physical format via USPS. As such, it can take up to three days for an article to arrive and a week for a physical item to arrive, so please place your requests accordingly. If you need material in the next 48 hours, please contact the reference desk.
The Interlibrary Loan Department serves currently enrolled students, faculty, staff, and administration of Mercer University, as well as the staff at the Mercer Engineering Research Center (MERC).
- Faculty, staff, and students of the Law and Medical Schools should visit their respective libraries for ILL services.
- Alumni and community members should visit their local public library for ILL services.
If you are a current Mercer University student, faculty, or staff member, and the book you want to request is located at one of the Mercer University Libraries other than your Home Campus, please request the book through Intercampus Loan.
- Sign in to Discovery with your MyMercer username and password
- A ‘Request’ link will appear in the record of the book that you would like
- Click that link and choose your pick-up location
Note: If the book is available at your home campus, that library’s pick-up location will not appear.
To request materials or extend the use of ILL items you have already ordered and are currently using:
Select the appropriate form for your needs below. You will be asked to log in to the forms using your Mercer credentials. Fill out the forms as completely as possible as it helps us to more quickly locate the exact item you are seeking.
When your item is available we will notify you via your Mercer email address. We will not send articles to other email services.
Please note that we will NOT borrow textbooks for classes or DVDs.
- Book, Microfilm, Dissertation
- Journal Article & Book Chapter (Photocopy)
→ All articles are delivered via email to your Mercer email address.