Room Reservation Policies (Tarver)
Both the Thigpen-Parsons Memorial Seminar Room and the Elam-Alexander Room may be reserved by members of the Mercer community. Reservations must be made through the Campus Reservations (25Live) site, and usage policies are listed below.
- Only Mercer-affiliated groups may use these rooms. Library-sponsored activities have priority. Events requiring video conferencing have priority in Thigpen-Parsons.
- Only currently enrolled or employed Mercer University students, administration, faculty, or staff may reserve Library event spaces.
- Rooms are intended for meetings, presentations, event receptions, and exhibits.
- Rooms may be booked between Monday-Friday only. Rooms are not available for use on the weekends.
- All rooms must be reserved in order to be used. No walk-in use is permitted without making a reservation.
- All rooms are available to reserve up to one (1) semester in advance.
- Inquiries concerning events will be referred to the person signing the agreement or the designated contact person for the organization.
- Every attempt will be made to accommodate the event in the requested space; however, room assignments are subject to change.
- Organizations must provide notice of cancellation 72 hours in advance of a scheduled event. Failure to do so may result in denial of future requests.
Availability and Access
- All events must be held Monday-Friday during library hours. Set up of chairs, tables, and media/technology items and delivery of food items, either catered or purchased, for all events must take place either the day before an event by 5:00 PM (Friday for Monday events) or the day of an event after 8:00 AM.
- Events may begin no earlier than 9:00 AM and must be concluded and room cleaned and vacated according to the following schedule:
- Thigpen-Parsons must be cleaned and vacated by 4:00 PM
- Elam-Alexander must be cleaned and vacated by 9:00 PM Monday through Thursday and by 4:00 PM Friday.
- The library’s main entrance (second floor) should be used by Aramark and National for set-up, take-down, and/or catering services.
- Organizations must provide a greeter and/or signage at Library entrances to facilitate participant access to and navigation in the Library.
- Advertisements in the media must be authorized in advance by the Library.
- The advertising of any product, book, software, merchandise, event, or use of the meeting room for private profit is prohibited.
- Smoking/vaping, chewing tobacco, and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- At the end of a function, the event space(s) must be left clean. All garbage, catering equipment, etc., must be removed. There will be a $200.00 charge to clean up after any function requiring excessive attention.
- Organizations are responsible for all costs associated with any damage to the event space during its use, as determined by the Library.
- Any organization may be prohibited from using Jack Tarver Library event spaces for violating any of the guidelines or library standards of acceptable behavior.
Questions? Please contact Circulation at (478) 301-2961