University Libraries Computing Equipment Usage Policy
- The University Libraries exist to serve the pedagogical needs of Mercer University, and this extends to the computing resources housed within each library. These uses include access to scholarly information resources, research, and other educational purposes.
- We expect our users to:
- Respect other users as well as any licensing or contractual agreements.
- Use the equipment with respect and avoid damaging it.
- Comply with the Mercer University IT Access and Use Policy: http://it.mercer.edu/faculty/policy/it_access_and_use_policy.htm
- Comply with the Mercer University Honor Code: http://provost.mercer.edu/honor/
- Abide by any posted time limits.
The University Libraries house a limited number of computing resources, and because of that, we must prioritize usage for purposes that are more closely aligned to the institutional mission.
- Current Mercer University affiliates have priority. These affiliates include current faculty, students, and staff.
- Other users, if allowed, may be asked to yield equipment to current affiliates at any time, at our discretion.
- We may ask any user to show valid identification at our discretion.
- Some computers have special capabilities or purposes, and users may be asked to move to other equipment so that another user might make use of this specialized equipment. Examples include our scanning equipment and specialized accessibility workstations.
Adopted by Mercer University Libraries Management 11/12/2013
Policies and procedures for the use of University-owned and operated information technology resources are outlined in the Information Technology (IT) Access and Use Policy.