The Mercer University Libraries (MUL) is proud to celebrate Women’s History Month on behalf of our students, faculty, and staff. During the month of March, we are acknowledging women in media, such as journalists, radio hosts, screenwriters, directors, etc. Check out the list of films to watch, books to read, and web resources.
- The Inspiration Series: Bold Women in Media
- She Says: Women in the News
- Women Who Run Hollywood
- Women and Media
Check out these books available through the library.
- Never Done: A History of Women’s Work in Media Production by Erin Hill
- Women in Media by Amy Damico
- Invisible Stars: A Social History of Women in American Broadcasting by Donna Halper
- Never in My Wildest Dreams: A Black Woman’s Life in Journalism by Belva Davis and Vicki Haddock
- Reporting Under Fire: 16 Daring Women War Correspondents and Photojournalists by Kerrie Logan Hollihan
- Women in Audio by Leslie Gaston-Bird
Here’s a list of resources that focus on women in media.