- Drug Information Portal(NLM)
- Drugs @ FDA
- Facts and Comparisons (EAnswers) — Drug information for health care professionals. Note: Facts & Comparisons is for non-commercial academic use only. It is not to be used for clinical or emergency response purposes. Also, Efacts is not to be accessed while in an off-campus medical facility (e.g., on rotation).
- Lexicomp Online — Drug monographs for prescription and OTC drugs, includes toxicology, brand names, and medication safety issues.
Availability: Nursing, Pharmacy
- Micromedex — Provides clinicians with point-of-care access to trusted, evidence-based clinical knowledge. Note: For non-commercial academic use only. Mercer University's license agreement for Micromedex is for current pharmacy, health sciences, and nursing students and faculty. It is not to be used for clinical or emergency response purposes. Also, Micromedex is not to be accessed while in an off-campus medical facility (e.g., on rotation).
Availability: Nursing, Pharmacy
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database — Evidence-based, clinical information on natural medicines, herbal medicines, and dietary supplements. Search by ingredient or product name.
- American Chemical Society Journals — Full text access to American Chemical Society publications.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text (EBSCO) — Search 800 nursing and allied health journals, nursing dissertations, and selected other biomedical journals. Many fulltext articles available. Limited coverage of psychology and management literature is also included.
- IPA International Pharmaceutical Abstracts (EBSCO) — Includes article citations, abstracts and some full text from over 400 pharmacy association journals, trade journals and international journals not covered in Medline. It includes the abstracts from meetings of the American Society of Health Systems Pharmacists and the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy.
- OVID — Search the Medline and OldMedline databases of almost 5,000 medical journals, with links to full-text articles for 260+ journals.
- PsycARTICLES (EBSCO) — Definitive source of searchable full text articles on current issues in psychology.
- PsycINFO (EBSCO) — Contains citations and summaries of journal articles, book chapters, books, and technical reports, as well as citations to dissertations, in the field of psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines. Journal coverage includes international material selected from more than 1,700 periodicals from nearly 50 countries.
- PubMed (NLM) — NLM search engine for Medline and OldMedline databases. This customized portal will identify references for fulltext that is available for free on the Internet and via the library.
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier) — Elsevier's e-journal/e-book platform
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Web of Science, Thomson Reuters) — Covers bibliographic and citation information from over 6,650 of the world's leading scientific and technical journals across 150 disciplines.
- ClinicalKey — ClincalKey is dubbed a "Clinical Insight Engine" designed with the physician’s workflow in mind. Providing quick access to Elsevier's clinical diagnosis/point of care information, ClinicalKey puts you in contact with relevant information you need for the situation at hand. Includes content from 800+ books in every medical discipline, 500+ top journals, and 9,000+ videos of surgical procedures and other techniques.
- Cochrane Library (Evidence for healthcare decision-making) (Wiley) — Search for evidence-based information on the effects of health care interventions. Includes full text of reviews in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.
- Dynamed Plus (EBSCO) — Medical information database for Point-of-Care reference.
Health Sciences Team