Mercer University Libraries extend borrowing privileges to those persons not affiliated with Mercer University who reside in the following counties: Bibb, Crawford, DeKalb, Douglas, Henry, Houston, Jones, Monroe, Peach, and Twiggs. Douglas and Henry County residents must purchase their Community User Cards at either Tarver Library on the Macon campus, or Swilley Library on the Atlanta campus.
Cost: The card, valid for one calendar year from date of purchase, costs $50.00 per year. The $50.00 fee is non-refundable.
- Specific limitations are detailed on the loan rules page. The "Other" patron type contains the applicable rules.
- The card must be presented when checking out items.
- The card may be used to borrow books at the Macon, Atlanta, Lithia Springs (Douglas County), and McDonough (Henry County) campus libraries.
- The card is not valid at the Mercer School of Medicine's Library or the Mercer Law Library.
- Books are subject to recall if needed by Mercer University faculty, staff or students. Recalled books must be returned or fines will accrue.
- Use of the card is limited to the individual named on the card.
- The following are not available to community card holders: Computers, Group Study Rooms, media items (DVD’s, CD’s, etc.), access to 24-Hour Study Rooms, and access to GALILEO or other licensed databases that require a password.
You may fill out this downloadable form and return to a service point. You must supply an email address that you check regularly.