- Mercer-affiliated groups and events only will qualify for the use of Library event spaces. Library-sponsored activities have priority.
- All rooms may only be reserved by currently enrolled or employed Mercer University students, administration, faculty, or staff.
- Rooms are intended for meetings, presentations, event receptions, and exhibits.
- Events must take place between Monday-Friday only. Rooms will not be available for use on the weekends.
- All rooms must be reserved in order to be used. No walk-in use is permitted without making a reservation.
- All rooms are available to reserve up to one (1) semester in advance.
- An application must be completed and on file with the Library ten (10) business days ahead of your event. You are encouraged to plan well in advance. For events in The Bear Spot and exhibits, the applications should be made at least two (2) weeks in advance.
- Please allow up to three (3) business days for your room request to be approved.
- Inquiries concerning events will be referred to the person signing the agreement or the designated contact person for the organization.
- Every attempt will be made to accommodate the event in the requested space; however, room assignments are subject to change.
- Organizations must provide notice of cancellation 72 hours in advance of a scheduled event. Failure to do so may result in denial of future requests.
- All events must be held Monday-Friday during Library hours. Set up of chairs, tables, and media/technology items and delivery of food items, either catered or purchased, for all events must take place either the day before an event by 5 p.m. (Friday for Monday events) or the day of an event after 8:00 a.m. Events must begin no earlier than 9 a.m. and be concluded and room cleaned and vacated by one (1) hour prior to the close of business.
- The times provided below are based on the Library's hours for fall and spring semesters. Please refer to the Library hours link above for any exceptions.
Weekday Set-up/Take-down Times Event Times Monday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. 9:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. Tuesday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. 9:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. Wednesday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. 9:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. Thursday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. 9:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- The Library's main entrance should be used for Aramark and National for set-up, take-down, and/or catering services.
- Organizations must provide a greeter and/or signage at the Library entrance to facilitate participant access to and navigation in the Library.
- Advertisements in the media must be authorized in advance by the Library.
- The advertising of any product, book, software, merchandise, event, or use of the meeting room for private profit is prohibited.
- Smoking, chewing tobacco, and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- At the end of a function, the event space(s) must be left clean. All garbage, catering equipment, etc., must be removed. There will be a $200.00 charge to clean up after any function requiring excessive attention.
- Organizations are responsible for all costs associated with any damage to the event space during its use, as determined by the Library.
- Any organization may be prohibited from using Jack Tarver Library event spaces for violating any of the guidelines or library standards of acceptable behavior.
Reserve a Room
- Complete the appropriate form at Campus Reservations.
Questions? Please contact Jan Gillis at email@example.com or (478) 301-2962.