- AccessMedicine — A full-text resource of over 50 textbooks in clinical and educational medicine. Also has drug information, practice guidelines, quick access to diagnosis and treatment of 800 disorders, diagnostic tests, customizable patient education materials, and health news channels. Image, video, and audio content are available as well.
- Alt HealthWatch (EBSCO) — Focuses on multiple perspectives of complementary, holistic, and integrated approaches to health care and wellness. Full-text content comes from more than 160 international peer-reviewed and professional journals, magazines, reports, proceedings, and association and consumer newsletters, plus hundreds of pamphlets, booklets, special reports, original research, and book excerpts.
- CINAHL (EBSCO) — Search 800 nursing and allied health journals, nursing dissertations, and selected other biomedical journals. Many fulltext articles available. Limited coverage of psychology and management literature is also included.
- Cochrane Library (Evidence for healthcare decision-making) (Wiley) — Search for evidence-based information on the effects of health care interventions. Includes full text of reviews in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.
- Dynamed (EBSCO) — Medical information database for Point-of-Care reference.
- ERIC (EBSCO) — Covers all aspects of education and educational research, includes both abstracts of published and unpublished sources on thousands of educational topics. It corresponds to the printed indexes of RIE (Resources in Education) and CIJE (Current Index to Journals in Education). The EBSCOhost version of the ERIC database includes the searchable Thesaurus of ERIC Descriptors.
- Facts and Comparisons (Efacts) — Drug information for health care professionals. Note: Facts & Comparisons is for non-commercial academic use only. It is not to be used for clinical or emergency response purposes. Also, Efacts is not to be accessed while in an off-campus medical facility (e.g., on rotation).
- Health Source: Nursing / Academic Edition (EBSCO) — Provides scholarly full-text journals focusing on nursing, allied health fields, and many medical disciplines as well as abstracts and indexing for over 550 journals. Also included are the USP Pharmacopoeia DI: Volume II Advice for the Lay Patient and Stedman's Medical Dictionary.
- MEDLINE (EBSCO) — Provides access to National Library of Medicine's database, as well as links to some full-text articles.
- OVID — Search the Medline and OldMedline databases of almost 5,000 medical journals, with links to full-text articles for 260+ journals.
- PubMed (NLM) — NLM search engine for Medline and OldMedline databases. This customized portal will identify references for fulltext that is available for free on the Internet and via the Swilley Library. Searchable from your PDA href="http://swilley.mercer.edu/pharmacy/pda.asp">Searchable from your PDA
- Web of Science (Web of Knowledge/Thomson Reuters) — Provides detailed citations and abstracts for the top scholarly periodicals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities. Includes the Science Citation Index, the Social Sciences Citation Index, and the Arts & Humanities Citation Index. Covers both domestic and international journals, open access resources, books, patents, proceedings, and Web sites.