Which should I use?
|Choose Zotero for Firefox if:||Choose Zotero Standalone if:|
Note that you can install and use both Zotero Standalone and Zotero for Firefox on the same computer.
Downloading Zotero for Firefox
- Go to zotero.org and then click on the red button to download now.
- On this page you’ll see two options and you’ll want to choose the one for Zotero for Firefox.
- You’ll need to tell Firefox to allow this add-on and then click “Install now.”
- After you've installed Zotero you can either restart Firefox now, or wait until you have installed the word processor toolbar which allows you to insert citations and bibliographies directly into your documents. Installing it is optional but highly recommended - see this guide for more information on installing and using this feature.
Downloading Zotero Standalone
- Zotero Standalone works with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari.
- Go to zotero.org and click on the red button to download now.
- There will be two different options; chose the one for Zotero Standalone.
- First download the installation file for the software
- Then download the extension for your browser. You MUST install a connector in order to use Zotero Standalone!
- Once you follow the steps through for installing the connector (it will vary by browser) it's time to install Zotero Standalone
- Open the executable file and walk through the Windows installation program